Whey Protein supplements such as GNC Whey Protein powder can be a boon for individuals who are struggling to meet their daily protein requirement or are involved in body building. Protein powders supply a high dose of pure proteins with minimal carbs and fats in a single serving. However, it can become boring consuming them in the same shake format every day. Thankfully, most protein powders are highly versatile and can be incorporated in a lot of recipes such as smoothies, pancakes, yoghurt etc.
GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Powder is a highly popular and versatile protein powder that can be used in a variety of ways. The protein powder is available in a variety of delicious flavours such as chocolate, vanilla, strawberry banana etc. The flavoured protein powders work brilliantly to flavour some recipes while the unflavoured version is highly versatile and can be added to an array of dishes without being detected. Unflavoured powders also mean that the protein powder contains no added artificial flavouring and is as pure as it gets.
Here are some great and easy to make recipes that can be created using the GNC whey protein powder. Take a look –
1.Peanut Butter smoothie
This recipe is ideal for people following a low carb diet. Below are the ingredients you would need for this.
- 1 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened, can be substituted)
- 1 scoop GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein (any flavour)
- ¼ cup raspberries
- 2 tsp sugar free sweetener
- ¼ cup blackberries
- 1 cup water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend well to make a thick and delicious smoothie you are sure to love as a variation to your regular fitness drink.
- You can have it cold or at room temperature as you desire.
- It is super filling.
Being on a diet doesn’t necessarily mean skipping out on your favourite foods. This delicious recipe has a lot of protein rich foods packed in with a load of nutrition and less carbs and calories.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 scoop GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey protein powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 serving sugar free sweetener
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until they form a pancake like consistency.
- Adding some water is necessary to get the right thickness.
- Heat up a pan, pour the batter into the shape you desire and cook over medium heat.
- Remove off the heat and coat with almond butter, maple syrup and a drizzle of the sweetener.
- You can also add fresh bananas and strawberries for further taste.
3.Whole Grain French Toast
This French toast is made from Whole grain bread which is packed with proteins, fibers, vitamins and minerals. The Ezekiel bread is made up of sprouted wheat grains, millets and other whole grains. This recipe is proof that French toast need not be laden with sugar and calories.
- 2 slices Ezekiel bread (You can also opt for any multigrain bread)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop GNC Pro Performance Whey Protein, Graham Cracker flavour or unflavoured.
- Mix the egg whites, cinnamon and GNC whey protein powder in a blow together.
- Dip the bread slices in the mixture and keep until they are saturated with the liquid.
- Place the dipped bread on a greased non-stick pan. Make sure to turn so that both sides get cooked.
- Remove from the pan and let it rest for 2 minutes. Add any desired toppings such as fresh fruits and berries.
4.Low Cal Pumpkin Protein bars
Delicious cake style protein bars that will satisfy your dessert cravings with the necessary dose of protein.
- 1 tsp sugar free sweetener(powdered)
- ¼ cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tbsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp table salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 cup canned pumpkin (or pumpkin puree)
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 scoops GNC Whey Protein, Vanilla Ice Cream
- ½ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180° C
- Mix all the ingredients except for the oat flour, protein powder and walnuts together in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the batter into a pan or baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once ready cut into long bars
- You can store them for a day or two to have after your workouts.
5.Happy morning smoothie
Smoothies are the ideal breakfast for those days when you don’t have time to make a full-fledged breakfast. Just blend all the ingredients and you’re good to go.
- ½ cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 250 ml almond milk
- 1 scoop GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein, Strawberry Banana flavour.
Blend everything together and carry it along to your workout in your favourite travel bottle. You are sure to love this delicious twist to your regular smoothie.